The Humanist Society Singapore (HSS) and the International Humanist and Ethical Youth Organization (IHEYO) invite you to the Asian Humanism Conference 2015. Join us for two days of learning, networking and fun, which will also coincide with our World Humanist Day celebrations!
Read more about the event on our web site
This travel grant is available for members of Asian humanist organizations who are either
- between the age of 18 and 35 at the time of the conference
- or, holding a key position (such as president, secretary, committee member, etc) in an Asian humanist organization
Please indicate in the form which organization you belong to, as well as the other personal and travel details.
If your grant application is approved, you should prepare yourself for travel. If we allocate money to support your travel, and you cancel without a valid reason, it may affect your position to receive travel grants in the future.
- Local organizations decide who they want to propose for grant applications
- The organization/representative researches the most economical travel costs and drafts a budget for participation.
- This form is filled in by a leading representative of the organization, together with the delegate.
Please use one form per person who is applying for travel support.
Deadline for submissions is April 19th. If more funds are available, there will be a second round of applications, with a closing date in mid May.
- The Grants Committee will decide on the allocation of the grants.
- Grant recipients will be informed of grant allocations as soon as possible after the closing date for applications, latest by May 4th.
- Book your tickets and get your visa if applicable, and confirm your itinerary before June 1st (if you fail to provide the confirmed itinerary, we reserve our rights to allocate the travel funds to somebody else).
- Arrive in Singapore by evening June 19th and stay until June 21nd in the afternoon (you are of course free to arrive earlier and/or stay longer in Kathmandu or Nepal at your own cost).
- Grant recipients must provide IHEYO with invoices and/or receipts for their travel costs. IHEYO will make, at least, the contribution agreed in the grant offer. If the balance is less than the grant provided, unused funds must be returned to IHEYO immediately, if applicable.
- Reimbursement of costs will be either paid in cash at the event or transferred to your account approx 2 weeks after you submit your receipts to IHEYO.