2007 IHEYO Plans
Download here the 2007 Action plan, as approved by the GA
For 2007 we plan:
- to establish more national and regional groups of young volunteers that give feedback to the activities of IHEYO and carry out tasks, like and Asian Working Group and African Working Group;
- to have a European campaign to promote tolerance with educational activities in 7 European countries;
- to organise an international training taking place in Uganda and Kenya in towards the end of 2007. The training will take place for over three weeks with participants from the US, Europe and East Africa ( Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda);
- support regional meetings of young humanists in East Africa and West Africa to discuss plans for collaboration;
- publish the booklet about teaching critical thinking and free inquiry
that results from the 2006conference and send it to
humanist and human rights groups;
- support the organising of the Annual conference 2007,which will be organised by the Belgian Humanistische Jongeren this summer and will focus on Human Rights;
- organise our 5th General Assembly;
- start preparing for its contribution to the IHEU World Congress in 2008 taking place in Washington DC;
- make the website a CMS-driven website. In this way more information material will be made easily available;
- encourage people adding and making use of the site, and publish more often a YouthSpeak. At least once a month, but preferably once every two weeks.
How you can help....
We are working on the conferences, on our campaign, booklet and increasing communication flows within our network. We need you to help! For instance to ask other humanist organisations, or maybe your organisations, to join IHEYO. You can see in the memberslist if your organisation is included. Our contact details, you can find on this website.
Information on humanist youth activities that your group is carrying out, is much welcomed on our site and our Youth Speak as well as for preparation to our conference. Please e-mail us about the activities of your group, at: Gea.Meijers(at)iheyo.org.
When you are representing the youth humanist ideals at a conference or through campaigning, let us know as well. We can spread the word and inform others!
Help us contact other humanist organisations to ask them to become a member to IHEYO;
provide us with information on your groups activities;
when you are representing youth humanists or have a campaign, tell us.
We look forward to hear from you:-)
NOTE: Picture is taken by
Sven Berg Ryen
at the 2006 IHEYO Conference