Minutes from the IHEYO General Assembly 2003
Berlin, Germany, 1-2 September 2003
1 § Electing chairman for the General Assembly
Hans-Christian Nes (Norwegian Humanist Association) was elected as chairman for the General Assembly.
2 § Electing secretary for the General Assembly
Mikael Ståldal (Swedish Humanist Association) was elected as secretary for the General Assembly.
3 § Adopting bylaws
The amended bylaws were adopted with votes 34 in favour, 0 against and 1 blank.
*The General Assembly decided to give the Executive Committee right to change article 12 of the Bylaws until the next General Assembly.
4 § Electing president
· Gea Meijers (Young Humanists Netherlands) 22 votes
· Lars-Petter Helgestad (Norwegian Humanist Association) 16 votes
* Gea Meijers was elected as president.
5 § Electing secretary-general
· Yemi Johnson (Nigerian student Humanist Society) 20 votes
· Lars-Petter Helgestad (Norwegian Humanist Association) 18 votes
* Yemi Johnson was elected as secretary-general.
6 § Electing first vice president
· Alina Mänttäri (Prometheus Camp Association) 27 votes
· Lars-Petter Helgestad (Norwegian Humanist Association) 13 votes
· Marita Eriksen (Norwegian Humanist Association) 8 votes
* Alina Mänttäri was elected as first vice president.
7 § Electing second vice president
· Ramesh Kumar (Social Development Foundation) 36 votes
* Ramesh Kumar was elected as second vice president.
8 § Electing ordinary members of the Executive Committee
· Marita Eriksen (Norwegian Humanist Association) 36 votes
· Lars-Petter Helgestad (Norwegian Humanist Association) 35 votes
· Frederik Dezutter (UVV Humanist League) 35 votes
· Wolfgang Huber (Freidenkerbund Österreichs) 34 votes
· Vincent Lloyd (CommonSense) 33 votes
* Marita Eriksen, Lars-Petter Helgestad, Frederik Dezutter, Wolfgang Huber and Vincent Lloyds were elected as ordinary members of the Executive Committee.
9 § Membership fees
There will be no membership fees until the next General Assembly.
10 § Membership
All organization represented on this General Assembly which submits membership application to the Executive Committee before 2004-02-01 will be full member organizations of IHEYO and will have the right to vote on the next General Assembly.
11 § Next General Assembly
The next General Assembly will be held in Kampala, Uganda, in May 2004.
back to top